Details

    • Type: Improvement
    • Status: Open
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 2.1.7, 2.2.5
    • Fix Version/s: Backlog
    • Component/s: Development, Performance
    • Security Level: Public (Public: Anyone can view)
    • Labels:
    • Rice Module:
      KNS, KEW
    • KRAD Feature Area:
      Document
    • KAI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • KTI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • Code Review Status:
      Not Required
    • Include in Release Notes?:
      Yes

      Description

      The superUserActions.tag file in rice performs some very expensive checks on every page display. Additionally, more checks than need to run even if the user is not authorized for various operations due to the fact that JSTL does not appear to short-circuit on evaluation of expressions.

      There are three main changes here:

      1) rearrange the checks in the tag file to prevent unnecessary changes.
      2) Wrap all the calls used from the JSP in transaction blocks so that individual connections and transactions are not opened for each database call.
      3) Eliminate the retrieval of the RouteNoteInstance objects before making the permission checks. The code in the KEW DocumentTypePermissionService only extracts the document number from the first returned result.

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          jkeller Jonathan Keller added a comment -

          Uploading patch files. Patch file was created from UCD current version and the Rice 2.1.7 base version.

          Show
          jkeller Jonathan Keller added a comment - Uploading patch files. Patch file was created from UCD current version and the Rice 2.1.7 base version.
          Hide
          jkeller Jonathan Keller added a comment -

          I have more fixes to upload here. I did further optimization on the calls in the form class to ensure only what was needed was being called.

          Show
          jkeller Jonathan Keller added a comment - I have more fixes to upload here. I did further optimization on the calls in the form class to ensure only what was needed was being called.

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              jkeller Jonathan Keller
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated: