Details

    • Type: Bug Fix
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Critical
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: KEW - 0.9.2
    • Fix Version/s: 0.9.1, KEW (2.4.2) - 0.9.1
    • Component/s: Development
    • Labels:
      None
    • Rice Module:
      KEW
    • Application Requirement:
      KC

      Description

      After the 0.9.2 upgrade, the KEW Document Search page throws an error instead of rendering. There is some more background below, but after commenting out the offending keys in the DocumentSearch.jsp and getting the page to come up, what looks to be happening is that we're getting properties for the doc search labels from KEN's ApplicationResources.properties file instead of from KEW's ApplicationResources.properties file. Is this a bug, or a misconfiguration on our part?

      background emails:
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Re: Rice 0.9.2
      Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:42:36 -0400
      From: Bryan G. Hutchinson <bh79@cornell.edu>
      To: McGregor, Geoffrey Garrett <gmcgrego@INDIANA.EDU>
      References: <F99B6AC4E57EAB4092053EFCC81FF87901F0E092@iu-mssg-mbx102.ads.iu.edu> <47166D95.4050705@cornell.edu>

      This one is odd. I see that key in the ApplicationResources.properties
      that is in kew/src/main/resources/edu.iu.uis.eden in the Rice 0.9.2
      project, and I see the same file in our rice-kew-0.9.2-SNAPSHOT.jar in
      our KRA Maven2 Dependencies. So why do you suppose the JSP can't find it?

      Thanks,
      Bryan

      Bryan G. Hutchinson wrote:
      > Here's another post 0.9.2 bug. It looks like we're missing the
      > ApplicationResources.properties for KEW. When navigating to the doc
      > search through our KRA Portal, Geo noticed the following error:
      >
      > HTTP ERROR: 500
      >
      > Missing message for key
      > "docSearch.DocumentSearch.results.label.routeHeaderId"
      >
      > RequestURI=/kra-dev/en/DocumentSearch.do
      > Caused by:
      >
      > javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key
      > "docSearch.DocumentSearch.results.label.routeHeaderId"
      > at
      > org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:233)
      > at
      > org.apache.strutsel.taglib.bean.ELMessageTag.doStartTag(ELMessageTag.java:236)
      >
      > at
      > org.apache.jsp.en.WEB_002dINF.jsp.docsearch.DocumentSearch_jsp._jspx_meth_bean$1el_message_52(org.apache.jsp.en.WEB_002dINF.jsp.docsearch.DocumentSearch_jsp:3885)
      >
      > at
      > org.apache.jsp.en.WEB_002dINF.jsp.docsearch.DocumentSearch_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.en.WEB_002dINF.jsp.docsearch.DocumentSearch_jsp:266)
      >
      > at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
      > ....
      >
      > I looked in the 0.9.2 source, and that entry is in the
      > ApplicationResources.properties that is part of kew, but I'm not sure
      > how we get it. Could this be something else that needs to be copied
      > over to our project?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Bryan

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          natjohns Nate Johnson (Inactive) added a comment -

          This should be fixed now that Aaron H. renamed the KEN ApplicationResources.properties. I've updated the maven repository with the newest snapshot. As long as your pom is including 0.9.2-SNAPSHOT you should be cool. You may require a project->clean in eclipse so that it picks up the new snapshot.

          Show
          natjohns Nate Johnson (Inactive) added a comment - This should be fixed now that Aaron H. renamed the KEN ApplicationResources.properties. I've updated the maven repository with the newest snapshot. As long as your pom is including 0.9.2-SNAPSHOT you should be cool. You may require a project->clean in eclipse so that it picks up the new snapshot.
          Hide
          agodert Aaron Godert (Inactive) added a comment -

          This is related to the email from the KRA team.

          Show
          agodert Aaron Godert (Inactive) added a comment - This is related to the email from the KRA team.
          Hide
          bhutchinson Bryan Hutchinson added a comment -

          Apparently what "fixed" this was making the rice 0.9.2 project a Maven dependency for the kra_project. Once I closed the rice project and cleaned the kra_project, this bug showed up again. It also occurs in the sample app generated from the rice create project groovy script when the rice project is closed and not available as a resource to the sample project.

          Show
          bhutchinson Bryan Hutchinson added a comment - Apparently what "fixed" this was making the rice 0.9.2 project a Maven dependency for the kra_project. Once I closed the rice project and cleaned the kra_project, this bug showed up again. It also occurs in the sample app generated from the rice create project groovy script when the rice project is closed and not available as a resource to the sample project.
          Hide
          bhutchinson Bryan Hutchinson added a comment -

          NVM, this started working again for me.

          Show
          bhutchinson Bryan Hutchinson added a comment - NVM, this started working again for me.

            People

            • Assignee:
              natjohns Nate Johnson (Inactive)
              Reporter:
              bhutchinson Bryan Hutchinson
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Due:
                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: