Details

    • Type: Bug Fix Bug Fix
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Blocker Blocker
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 2.5
    • Component/s: Development
    • Security Level: Public (Public: Anyone can view)
    • Labels:
      None
    • Similar issues:
      KULRICE-12299Unable to create new role with a permission OR create/edit a role with a responsibility
      KULRICE-7361Unable to add a Group to a Role
      KULRICE-13211Investigate attachmentTypeCode and KIM Permissions.
      KULRICE-8508Unable to add members to Roles with type KUALI : Default
      KULRICE-5176Allow add line to be different layout than existing lines for table layout (needed for KIM conversion)
      KULRICE-2802Update the rule QuickLinks page to support KIM responsibilities, roles, and permissions at the document type level
      KULRICE-4566Permission details can't be modified/created through KIM Permission screen
      KULRICE-7082KIM role document not handling missing qualifiers on role members
      KULRICE-2354KIM Permission Service Test
      KULRICE-7185Optimization of KIM Permission Checks
    • Rice Module:
      KIM
    • Application Requirement:
      KC
    • Sprint:
      Core 2.5.0-m7 Sprint 1
    • KAI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • KTI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • Code Review Status:
      Not Required
    • Include in Release Notes?:
      Yes
    • Story Points:
      2

      Description

      When adding a permission to a role, this error appears ...

      java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid service name passed, value was null.
      	at org.kuali.rice.kim.framework.services.KimFrameworkServiceLocator.getKimTypeService(KimFrameworkServiceLocator.java:40)
      	at org.kuali.rice.kim.impl.type.KimTypeLookupableHelperServiceImpl.hasDerivedRoleTypeService(KimTypeLookupableHelperServiceImpl.java:142)
      	at org.kuali.rice.kim.web.struts.action.IdentityManagementRoleDocumentAction.execute(IdentityManagementRoleDocumentAction.java:139)
      

      One way to recreate the problem is, go to the "old school Rice portal" (portal.jsp) ...

      Click on the "Administration" tab
      Login as "admin"
      Click "Role"
      Click "search"
      Click the "edit" link for the row which has "Sample App Users" as the Role Name.
      Add the permission ID of your choice in the "Add Permission ID" field, and click the "Add" button just below it.
      You'll need some text in the "Description" field (or you'll get a validation error)
      Click "blanket approve".

        Activity

        Hide
        Gayathri Athreya added a comment -

        I just confirmed this is happening Steve Edgar and is a blocker for kuali coeus and so I upped the priority and changed fix version. Let me know if this is not OK. Thanks for filing!

        Show
        Gayathri Athreya added a comment - I just confirmed this is happening Steve Edgar and is a blocker for kuali coeus and so I upped the priority and changed fix version. Let me know if this is not OK. Thanks for filing!
        Hide
        Gayathri Athreya added a comment -

        Just tested with latest rice and this seems to be working now. Thanks!

        Show
        Gayathri Athreya added a comment - Just tested with latest rice and this seems to be working now. Thanks!

          People

          • Assignee:
            Kristina Taylor (Inactive)
            Reporter:
            Steve Edgar (Inactive)
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Agile

                Structure Helper Panel