Kuali Rice Development
  1. Kuali Rice Development
  2. KULRICE-14183

Route Log re-ordering of action requests for primary delegates incorrectly persists to the database

    Details

    • Similar issues:
      KULRICE-4756Route Log: approver is showing in the route log instead of the Primary Delegate
      KULRICE-2971Revert changes to ActionRequestFactory which caused problems with Primary Delegation
      KULRICE-7993 findPrimaryDelegationRecipients logging is incorrect for primary delegate drop down list
      KULRICE-809Create Functional Documentation for the Route Log
      KULRICE-4344 Rule Delegation - Create new delegation - Unable to determine Future Action Requests
      KULRICE-4781Better define how delegations should be displayed in the route log
      KULRICE-3109New portal has incorrect link for Routing Rules and Delegation is shown as 'Deligation'
      KULRICE-2158Action Request shows up in Route Log under pending, but not in Route Report
      KULRICE-2729The "Future Action Requests" tab on the Route Log does not work properly with a client application using "embedded" mode
      KULRICE-4407Route Log - detail missing on requested of workgroup
    • Rice Module:
      KEW
    • Application Requirement:
      Rice
    • Sprint:
      Rice Sprint 2015-03-18
    • KAI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • KTI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • Code Review Status:
      Not Required
    • Contributing Institution:
      Indiana Univ
    • Include in Release Notes?:
      Yes
    • Story Points:
      5
    1. CountryDelegationRules.xml
      1 kB
      Shannon Hess
    2. CountryDocTypeUpdated.xml
      2 kB
      Shannon Hess
    3. CountryRules.xml
      2 kB
      Shannon Hess
    4. CountryRuleTemplates.xml
      1 kB
      Shannon Hess

      Activity

      Hide
      Eric Westfall added a comment -

      Please provide additional details on this issue.

      Show
      Eric Westfall added a comment - Please provide additional details on this issue.
      Hide
      Shravya Saripella (Inactive) added a comment -

      Problem: RouteLogAction#switchActionRequestPositionsIfPrimaryDelegatesPresent was re-ordering the generated action requests if Primary delegates were present and was persisting the change to the database. This behavior is not desired as the action requests hierarchy was being modified incorrectly.

      Fix: Detached the action request object so that the re-ordering of action requests in switchActionRequestPositionsIfPrimaryDelegatesPresent method would not be saved.

      Show
      Shravya Saripella (Inactive) added a comment - Problem: RouteLogAction#switchActionRequestPositionsIfPrimaryDelegatesPresent was re-ordering the generated action requests if Primary delegates were present and was persisting the change to the database. This behavior is not desired as the action requests hierarchy was being modified incorrectly. Fix: Detached the action request object so that the re-ordering of action requests in switchActionRequestPositionsIfPrimaryDelegatesPresent method would not be saved.
      Hide
      Shravya Saripella (Inactive) added a comment -
      Show
      Shravya Saripella (Inactive) added a comment - Pull request: https://github.com/kuali/rice/pull/76
      Hide
      Jonathan Keller added a comment -

      When was the object being saved? Was this something automatic which JPA/EclipseLink was doing? Or was the document or action request list getting passed back to the DataObjectService.save() method?

      Show
      Jonathan Keller added a comment - When was the object being saved? Was this something automatic which JPA/EclipseLink was doing? Or was the document or action request list getting passed back to the DataObjectService.save() method?
      Hide
      Shannon Hess added a comment - - edited

      I attaching the xml files I used to reproduce the issue. I used a modified country maintenance document.

      Pull request https://github.com/kuali/rice/pull/108 has been created for the fix.

      Show
      Shannon Hess added a comment - - edited I attaching the xml files I used to reproduce the issue. I used a modified country maintenance document. Pull request https://github.com/kuali/rice/pull/108 has been created for the fix.

        People

        • Assignee:
          Shannon Hess
          Reporter:
          Shravya Saripella (Inactive)
        • Votes:
          0 Vote for this issue
          Watchers:
          5 Start watching this issue

          Dates

          • Created:
            Updated:
            Resolved:

            Agile

              Structure Helper Panel