Kuali Rice Development
  1. Kuali Rice Development
  2. KULRICE-2476

Implement JPA versions of OJB DAOs (Data Access Objects)

    Details

    • Type: Task Task
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: Not version specific
    • Component/s: JPA
    • Labels:
      None
    • Similar issues:
      KULRICE-1779Convert KEW Data Access Objects from OJB to JPA
      KULRICE-2141Add JPA annotations and implement JPA Daos throughout Rice
      KULRICE-9108Implement support for loading of both OJB and JPA versions of KRAD client-side mappings
      KULRICE-9066Implement JPA version of MetadataProvider
      KULRICE-8923Implement OJB version of PersistenceProvider
      KULRICE-8924Implement OJB version of MetadataProvider
      KULRICE-9071Implement JPA version of PersistenceProvider
      KULRICE-2048Update KNS JPA DAOs to reflect changes made on 0.9.3-kfs branch by David
      KULRICE-9413Implement portable data object proxy detection and unwrapping
      KULRICE-6014JPA Conversion Guide

      Description

      This has already been done for the KNS. However, JPA versions of KEW, KSB, KEN, KCB, KIM daos have not all been created.

      Easiest way to find these is to look through the spring file for anything labeled as a DAO.

      In order to continue support for both JPA and OJB, we have been using proxies to handle determining which DAO version (OJB or JPA) to use. See examples of this in the KNSSpringBeans.xml file. For example:

      <bean id="persistedLookupMetadataDao" class="org.kuali.rice.kns.dao.proxy.PersistedLookupMetadataDaoProxy">
      <property name="persistedLookupMetadataDaoJpa" ref="persistedLookupMetadataDaoJpa" />
      <property name="persistedLookupMetadataDaoOjb" ref="persistedLookupMetadataDaoOjb" />
      </bean>

      Essentially, what was done is to use the original OJB dao spring id for the proxy, and then rename the ojb dao spring bean to include "Ojb" at the end. Additionally, the new JPA daos have "Jpa" at the end.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Casey Boettcher (Inactive) added a comment -

          Scott, I've written the code and made the necessary modifications in the OJB config for converting org.kuali.rice.kew.edl.extract.dao.impl.ExtractDAOOjbImpl. It just needs unit testing. If you'd like me to commit with what I've got, let me know.

          Show
          Casey Boettcher (Inactive) added a comment - Scott, I've written the code and made the necessary modifications in the OJB config for converting org.kuali.rice.kew.edl.extract.dao.impl.ExtractDAOOjbImpl. It just needs unit testing. If you'd like me to commit with what I've got, let me know.
          Hide
          Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment -

          still relevant, but not blockers - downgrading to Major

          Show
          Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment - still relevant, but not blockers - downgrading to Major
          Hide
          Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment -

          later phase of JPA conversion is complete. Closing JIRAs from earlier attempts.

          Show
          Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment - later phase of JPA conversion is complete. Closing JIRAs from earlier attempts.

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Eric Westfall
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Structure Helper Panel