The only places I've found thus far that require modification are: KCBNotificationService at about line 63, and DocSearchDTO at line 191. I've changed these locations so that they now check if the doc handler URLs are blank before trying to use them. Also, although ClientAppDocHandlerRedirectAction.execute will throw an exception if the doc handler URL is blank, I discussed this with David and discovered that this behavior is intentional. In addition, I've removed the DocumentTypeBusinessRules and DocumentTypeBusinessRulesTest classes, since they won't be needed if blank doc handler URLs are now permissible. I believe I've fixed all of the necessary areas for this issue, so I'm ready to commit the fix as soon as the 1.0 branch is created on SVN.