Details

    • Type: Task
    • Status: Closed
    • Priority: Major
    • Resolution: Won't Fix
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: Not version specific
    • Component/s: Configuration
    • Labels:
      None

      Description

      I just checked out Rice 1.0.3, ran mvn dependency:resolve, but...I still had errors in the project. Here are the two causes:

      1) The following libraries are excluded from the project's main pom, but still required in the .classpath; that seems incorrect to me....

      /avalon-framework/avalon-framework/4.1.3/avalon-framework-4.1.3.jar
      /logkit/logkit/1.0.1/logkit-1.0.1-sources.jar

      2) The following libraries shouldn't be needed anymore; they cause issues in some of the XML parsing code, because Java 1.6's DOM parser is more sophisticated than that provided by the following libraries:

      /xerces/xercesImpl/2.9.1/xercesImpl-2.9.1.jar
      /xerces/xmlParserAPIs/2.6.2/xmlParserAPIs-2.6.2.jar

      I got rid of /xml-apis/xml-apis/1.0.b2/xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar as well, but I doubt that's related.

        Attachments

          Activity

          Hide
          jjhanso Jeremy Hanson added a comment -

          These have changed and should be working now

          Show
          jjhanso Jeremy Hanson added a comment - These have changed and should be working now
          Hide
          jksmith James Smith added a comment -

          Yep, it's better now. Thanks greatly, Jeremy!

          Show
          jksmith James Smith added a comment - Yep, it's better now. Thanks greatly, Jeremy!

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              jksmith James Smith
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: