Based on discussion with Jason, second round of poc will include the following;
1) We decided that we would only version services when it is necessary to do so and on every "major" release.
2) Work on moving data types out to separate module from remote api? This could allow for reuse in things like xml import/export.
– Allows us to use same compatibility principles for xml import/export!
– maybe instead, move all of this stuff back into the API module?
3) Modify all DTOs such that they have the appropriate JAXB annotations on them
– also need to fix AttributeSetDTO, it's schema is messed up
4) Move the adapter out of a "version-specific" location
– also move to impl module
5) Update the namespaces such that everything under group is generated under the same namespace (including versions)
– should put DTOs in a different namespace, to help allow for reuse elsewhere
– could create a separate "type" module
6) Do a proof of concept with an actual version change example
7) Try a "compatible" change
8) Work on way to publish web service with a specific wsdl
– generate wsdls so they are on the classpath as well
9) Create a poc on one of the "kim type" services to show invocation from newer client to older client