For this issue we need to create properly remotable SOAP versions of the following services (there are some notes after each of these):
- one challenge here we need to deal with is the fact that it returns a list of KNS Row objects, need to determine how best to remote these
- we need to do this for WorkflowAttribute as well
- returns WorkflowAttributeValidationErrors as part of this, may be advantageous to promote this as a concept up to krad/kns or the core
- need to review the need for isProcessFinalResults, probably has to do with not executing remote calls when unnecessary?
- needs to not throw SQLException
- DocSearchDTO and DocSearchCriteriaDTO need to be reviewed and converted to immutable model objects as needed
- Review this api and figure out how to make it SOAP remotable
- what are the search managers used for?
- need to figure out which is of these operations needs to actually be remotable, some of them use java.sql.ResultSet!
- may need to split this out into a service that isn't remotable and one that is.
- this probably needs to pass only the principal id and not the entire person
- this really should only be executed once per applicatable document type from the document search, right now it executes way too many times since it does so once per row in the document search result
In particular, should look at KC and KFS usages of each of these classes in case there are certain things we can remove from being "remotable".
For all these cases, we need to set up a pre-packaged set of service bus exporters that client applications can use to export them.
I suspect that the changes made for this particular jira will be particularly impactful for clients as the current functionality is somewhat hacked together and relying on some of the forgiveness of Serialization that won't translate well into a set of soap-based services.
Also, need to review the lattix modularity notes because there was some stuff in there related to these classes.