Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 2.4
Security Level: Public (Public: Anyone can view)
Environment:HideEvaluated KRAD on http://dev.rice.kuali.org/portal.do
Evaluated with latest Firefox (5.0) on Vista PC, with latest JAWS (12.0).
Evaluated in "say all" mode and in "forms" mode.ShowEvaluated KRAD on http://dev.rice.kuali.org/portal.do Evaluated with latest Firefox (5.0) on Vista PC, with latest JAWS (12.0). Evaluated in "say all" mode and in "forms" mode.
KULRICE-7478 Keyboard focus order in checkbox groups and radiogroups KULRICE-5441 Focus order & clean-up needed in Kuali portal header (inherited by all KNS & KS pages) KULRICE-5511 # focus elements in designating required fields and in error messages KULRICE-5434 Missing and insufficient visual indication of focus KULRICE-5182 Add property to AttributeField that allows removing the field from the keyboard tab order KULRICE-8859 Tabs - Create Accessible Tab Structure KULRICE-5518 Kuali portal header, overlay problems KULRICE-5888 Date picker not accessible by keyboard KULRICE-5877 Rice Dev: Route log not sorting actions in ascending date/timestamp order KULRICE-13363 Certain AFT tests fail in CI on focus/blur due to lack of page focus when the test is run
KAI Review Status:Not Required
KTI Review Status:Not Required
Include in Release Notes?:Yes
Required for WCAG 2.0, Level A (Must haves): Navigation criteria
– 1.3.1 - Information structure & relationships can be programmatically determined or are available in text (see problems 1 & 2 below).
– 3.3.2 - Labels or instructions are provided when content requires user input (see problem 1 below)
– 2.4.6 - Headings and labels describe topic or purpose (see problem 2 below)
Missing tags - see information below on missing tags on entry fields.
1. The entry field in the Kuali portal login page is lacking a field label - needs that to be populated with meaningful instruction. For example, in the Kuali portal login screen could be something like "To log into the Kuali portal, enter your id here". See repair info below.
Check 57: input element, type of "text", missing an associated label.
Example Error Line 140, Column 18: <input type="text" name="__login_user" value="" size="20"/>
Repair: Add a label element that surrounds the control's label. Set the for attribute on the label element to the same value as the id attribute of the control. And/or add a title attribute to the input element. And/or create a label element that contains the input element. See example below:
<form action="http://somesite.com/prog/adduser" method="post">
<label for="firstname">First name:</label>
<input type="text" name="firstname" id="firstname" tabindex="1" />
2. A table is used to layout this field group and JAWS speaks the row/column structures without any semantic reference information (several empty rows). For example, in the login page, it says "frame, column 1, row 1, Google table" where there is no visible table. Announces table structure, table with 3 rows, 2 columns, but doesn't announce the semantic information needed to understand what the information in the table is for, or what the entry field is prompting for. Fix in problem 1 above will help with the login page (as, longer-term, would eliminating the table structure from this page). See KULRICE-5437 for other places where table structure is announced, but the row & column headings and association of the cell with them, is not.