Kuali Rice Development
  1. Kuali Rice Development
  2. KULRICE-5818

Add namespace code to component lookup and inquiry

    Details

    • Type: Improvement Improvement
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Minor Minor
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0.0-b6, 2.0
    • Component/s: Development
    • Security Level: Public (Public: Anyone can view)
    • Labels:
      None
    • Similar issues:
      KULRICE-6943Derived components are not showing the namespace in lookup or inquiry screens
      KULRICE-1784Add workflowDocumentType as a field to the Namespace (DB, BO, Lookup/Inquiry, Maintenance Doc)
      KULRICE-1524Add lookup, inquiry, and maintenance document for Namespaces_Dflt BO
      KULRICE-3530The "refresh" buttons for namespace code fields on group and role inquiries are visible and cause HTTP 500 errors when JavaScript is disabled
      KULRICE-8096Data Mapping Field Definition, Business Object Component Lookup - Namespace Duplications - KFS-PURAP/KFS-PDP
      KULRICE-12705IT Failure DerivedComponentTest There should be some components for the KR-WKFLW namespace
      KULRICE-7095Add bread crumbs support between lookup and inquiry
      KULRICE-12161Component waiting Acknowledge not persisted to DB
      KULRICE-2409create Group Lookup and Inquiry
      KULRICE-8090The Namespace Code and the Name should include "*" as they are required fields.
    • Rice Module:
      Rice Core
    • KAI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • KTI Review Status:
      Not Required

      Description

      It would be helpful to have the component's namespace code on the lookup results and inquiry. Not sure why it's not there now.

        Activity

        Hide
        Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment -

        double-tagging with 2.0.0-b3 for review.

        Show
        Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment - double-tagging with 2.0.0-b3 for review.
        Hide
        Matthew Wuertz (Inactive) added a comment -

        One of the search parameters was labeled namespace code, but it displayed the namespace names in a drop-down list, so I changed the label to namespace name. I then added namespace name to the results and inquiry to match the search parameter. Displaying the namespace code in the results would be confusing since we are displaying the name as a search parameter, and it does make sense to search using the name (which is human readable) instead of the code.

        Show
        Matthew Wuertz (Inactive) added a comment - One of the search parameters was labeled namespace code, but it displayed the namespace names in a drop-down list, so I changed the label to namespace name. I then added namespace name to the results and inquiry to match the search parameter. Displaying the namespace code in the results would be confusing since we are displaying the name as a search parameter, and it does make sense to search using the name (which is human readable) instead of the code.
        Hide
        Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment -

        Closing since this item is now in the 2.0 release notes.

        Show
        Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment - Closing since this item is now in the 2.0 release notes.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Matthew Wuertz (Inactive)
            Reporter:
            Eric Westfall
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Structure Helper Panel