Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Backlog
KULRICE-6174 Feedback on Installation Guide KULRICE-4662 Clean up KEW services KULRICE-4066 Clean up configuration system KULRICE-12814 Clean up datasource configuration KULRICE-2579 Clean up xml bootstrap files KULRICE-2444 Ensure all old KEW Lookupable implementations are cleaned up and removed KULRICE-3021 Clean up the StandardGenericXMLSearchableAttribute and related code KULRICE-2527 Clean up document authorization API KULRICE-5441 Focus order & clean-up needed in Kuali portal header (inherited by all KNS & KS pages) KULRICE-10704 QuickStartTest.test_quickstart_gen_clean_install_int_tests IT failure
Rice Module:Rice Core
1. There are 3 sets of install docs: in the wiki, linked from the download page, and the Install Guide. All of these should point to just the Install Guide for 2.0
2. The first procedure is obviously aimed at a developer--without making that clear. We should make that clear.
3. The scripts to install the data set default to the demo data set. The default should be the bootstrap data set.
4. The install procedures make the assumption that Tomcat is or will be installed to run as a privileged user, which is not necessary and not good practice.
5. Instead of putting environment variables for Tomcat in a launch script that wraps catalina.sh and other environment variables in the profile of the local user, it puts them in a global profile. The launch script is a good idea if you intend to run Tomcat as a daemon.
6. The database load steps scatters files throughout the file system by default or example. For example, although the word default is mentioned, it is not mentioned in the step for installing the java libraries where these values can be changed, resulting in an unnecessary creation of /java/libraries.
7. Missing from the first install procedure is the requirement to login as admin once the application is up and running. This was found in the second install procedure.
Note: The install procedure found on the wiki through the developer link on the main documentation page for 1.0.3 is missing some information and the MySQL procedures is out of date, but is better organized than the install procedures found through the release documentation link.