Kuali Rice Development
  1. Kuali Rice Development
  2. KULRICE-6504

Potentially strange behavior in how KSB exports services and determines if they are already exported

    Details

    • Type: Bug Fix Bug Fix
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Critical Critical
    • Resolution: Duplicate
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0.0-rc1, 2.0
    • Component/s: Development
    • Security Level: Public (Public: Anyone can view)
    • Labels:
      None
    • Similar issues:
      KULRICE-5648Export appropriate KRMS services onto the bus
      KULRICE-7683AbstractWebServiceExporter uses contains() to check if a service has already been published resulting in incorrect behavior
      KULRICE-1432Services that are overridden in institutional plugin cannot be properly exported to the bus
      KULRICE-4800KSB attempting to deploy SOAP services multiple times
      KULRICE-3428Review all services published from each module and determine which should be exported to the bus under which run modes (local, embedded, remote)
      KULRICE-1517Strange transaction demarcation when invoking exception handler from KSB
      KULRICE-6694Determine if KRMS Type Services can be properly exported to the service bus and used remotely
      KULRICE-4073XML Transform Export
      KULRICE-1431When the user/workgroup service is overridden in a plugin, the non-overridden version is exported to the service bus
      KULRICE-3516Possible issue with kim services getting exported twice
    • KAI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • KTI Review Status:
      Not Required

      Description

      See Allen's note to the rice.collab mailing list:

      Hi we ran into an issue this morning with the KSB republishing a service and crashing after about a minute on our test instances. We traced the issue to the AbstractWebServiceExporter.java(isServicePublished) method. It was returning false as the service endpoint definition was fully qualified and comparing against the whole url and not just the partial service definition name. We are using version 1.0.3 of Rice. We patched this method locally and are back up and running.

      I am assuming this is a known issue and has probably been patched in later versions but wanted to share this in case it was not.

      I don't think it was fixed, and I think it might still be broken in AbstractWebServiceExporter in 2.0. Additionally, it seems that even if the service already exists with that endpoint url, it still goes ahead and creates the proxy inside of the exportService method. I'm not sure what happens then if someone tries to actually hit the service.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Jeremy Hanson added a comment -

          This is a duplicate of KULRICE-5964.

          Show
          Jeremy Hanson added a comment - This is a duplicate of KULRICE-5964 .
          Hide
          Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment -

          Closing since these items are now in the release notes.

          Show
          Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment - Closing since these items are now in the release notes.

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Eric Westfall
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Structure Helper Panel