Kuali Rice Development
  1. Kuali Rice Development
  2. KULRICE-7982

Readonly fields not getting translated for readonly search criteria

    Details

    • Type: Bug Fix Bug Fix
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Critical Critical
    • Resolution: Cannot Reproduce
    • Affects Version/s: 2.2.0-m3
    • Fix Version/s: 2.3.0-m1, 2.3
    • Component/s: Development
    • Security Level: Public (Public: Anyone can view)
    • Labels:
      None
    • Similar issues:
      KULRICE-8803Inquiry bases logic on readonly for building inquiry or direct inquiry based on the readonly flag of the Inquiry widget, not the field it applies to
      KULRICE-5411fieldAttributeQuery does not populate readOnly fields
      KULRICE-10910Properties specified on criteria field not getting carried over to range field group
      KULRICE-10059Setting collection field as readonly throws exception
      KULRICE-12288Determine and implement solution for screen readers and readOnly fields
      KULRICE-6444Create values on lookup should not clear readonly field values that were passed on the request
      KULRICE-10671Demo and test readOnly fields in KRAD Demo Library Input Fields
      KULRICE-5403AttributeField requires p:conditionalReadOnly="true" in order for p:readOnly="true" to work
      KULRICE-7919setting readonly attribute value in template
      KULRICE-8772Readonly flag no longer working in 2.2.0 final
    • Rice Module:
      KRAD
    • KRAD Feature Area:
      Document
    • KAI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • KTI Review Status:
      Not Required

      Description

      Trying to hide and default criteria fields on a lookup:

                          <!-- Hide the state option, and default it to Active -->
                          <property name="quickfinder.readOnlySearchFields" value="populationInfo.stateKey" />
                          <property name="quickfinder.lookupParameters">
                              <map>
                                  <entry key="populationInfo.stateKey" value="kuali.population.population.state.active"/>
                              </map>
                          </property>
      

      This just sets it as read only, and does no translation of the displayable value.

        Activity

        Hide
        Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment -

        moving non-blocker and non-critical m4 Jiras to 2.2-backlog

        Show
        Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment - moving non-blocker and non-critical m4 Jiras to 2.2-backlog
        Hide
        Sona Sona (Inactive) added a comment -

        Hi Daniel,
        Could you send your lookupDefinition and also explain what exactly you are trying to accomplish. I am not sure I understand it properly. Thanks.

        Show
        Sona Sona (Inactive) added a comment - Hi Daniel, Could you send your lookupDefinition and also explain what exactly you are trying to accomplish. I am not sure I understand it properly. Thanks.
        Hide
        Steve Manning (Inactive) added a comment -

        I'm also having difficulty determining what exactly the reporter of this jira was attempting to accomplish. Specifically, what translation of the displayable value is the user expecting to occur?

        Show
        Steve Manning (Inactive) added a comment - I'm also having difficulty determining what exactly the reporter of this jira was attempting to accomplish. Specifically, what translation of the displayable value is the user expecting to occur?
        Hide
        Daniel Epstein (Inactive) added a comment -

        I as the reporter am also having difficulty determining what I was trying to accomplish!
        I vaguely remember that when setting the field that is backed by the quickfinder to readonly, it initially is not translated so the UUID key was showing up in the screen initially instead of the display value.
        The translation does not work when the lookup light box first appears. It shows the key value, but once you click on search, the translation occurs correctly.
        We did a workaround so we're not using lookupParameters anymore and I don't have an example of how it used to be.

        Show
        Daniel Epstein (Inactive) added a comment - I as the reporter am also having difficulty determining what I was trying to accomplish! I vaguely remember that when setting the field that is backed by the quickfinder to readonly, it initially is not translated so the UUID key was showing up in the screen initially instead of the display value. The translation does not work when the lookup light box first appears. It shows the key value, but once you click on search, the translation occurs correctly. We did a workaround so we're not using lookupParameters anymore and I don't have an example of how it used to be.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Steve Manning (Inactive)
            Reporter:
            Daniel Epstein (Inactive)
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved:

              Structure Helper Panel