Kuali Rice Development
  1. Kuali Rice Development
  2. KULRICE-8333

Fix the iframe resizing script so we do not see double scroll bars and at the same time the KRMS screens are not affected.

    Details

    • Type: Bug Fix Bug Fix
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Critical Critical
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.1.1
    • Fix Version/s: 2.1.3
    • Component/s: Development
    • Security Level: Public (Public: Anyone can view)
    • Labels:
      None
    • Similar issues:
      KULRICE-6831Inner scroll bar on firefox
      KULRICE-7225Fix iframe resize problem in chrome
      KULRICE-5989Cross domain iFrame resize transition fix
      KULRICE-4091Fix portlet iframe resizing problem
      KULRICE-5693Rice Dev: Scroll Bars Gone on Create, Maintain, Inquiry documents
      KULRICE-8566Double Scrollbars in Google Chrome
      KULRICE-7833After iFrame removal support - do not allow KRAD content to be in an iframe
      KULRICE-9025Horizontal scroll bars for empty space
      KULRICE-5586Rice Dev: KRAD, Horizontal Scroll bar Rendering outside frame
      KULRICE-5990View content in iFrame analysis
    • Rice Module:
      KRAD
    • Application Requirement:
      KFS, KC
    • KAI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • KTI Review Status:
      Not Required

      Description

      In the 2.1.1 release, Rice temporarily disabled the iframe resizing script to prevent some KRMS screens from not rendering correctly. Please refer jira KULRICE-7284 for further details. This has brought back the issue of the double scroll bars appearing in all of the KC documents. We need a javascript fix that will take care of this dual scroll bar and allow KRMS screens to be rendered correctly.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Gayathri Athreya added a comment -

          Claus, you can try our dly instance http://test.kc.kuali.org/kc-dly/portal.jsp with IE8.

          Show
          Gayathri Athreya added a comment - Claus, you can try our dly instance http://test.kc.kuali.org/kc-dly/portal.jsp with IE8.
          Hide
          Gayathri Athreya added a comment - - edited

          I will create a separate jira to address this. Jira is KULRICE-8731

          Show
          Gayathri Athreya added a comment - - edited I will create a separate jira to address this. Jira is KULRICE-8731
          Hide
          Gayathri Athreya added a comment -

          As part of this work, ba-postmessage.js was deleted from Rice, just noting it here since this means KC will have to remove this from our config files.

          Show
          Gayathri Athreya added a comment - As part of this work, ba-postmessage.js was deleted from Rice, just noting it here since this means KC will have to remove this from our config files.
          Hide
          Gayathri Athreya added a comment -

          This is working for us, if this works for KFS, it can be closed. If we find issues, we will open a seperate jira.

          Show
          Gayathri Athreya added a comment - This is working for us, if this works for KFS, it can be closed. If we find issues, we will open a seperate jira.
          Hide
          Bryan Hutchinson added a comment - - edited

          I've updated KFS according to the instructions and it's working. Thanks Claus! I did deviate from the original instructions in a couple of cases:

          • for configuration.properties, I parameterized context.names.rice
                 context.names.rice=${rice.application}-${build.environment}
            
          • In the build.xml, I made the exclusion more fine-grained by replacing the following:
            <exclude name="**/rice-portal/**"/>
            

            with this:

            <exclude name="**/rice-portal/css/**"/>
            <exclude name="**/rice-portal/images/**"/>
            <exclude name="**/rice-portal/jsp/**"/>
            <exclude name="**/tags/rice-portal/**"/>
            
          Show
          Bryan Hutchinson added a comment - - edited I've updated KFS according to the instructions and it's working. Thanks Claus! I did deviate from the original instructions in a couple of cases: for configuration.properties, I parameterized context.names.rice context.names.rice=${rice.application}-${build.environment} In the build.xml, I made the exclusion more fine-grained by replacing the following: <exclude name= "**/rice-portal/**" /> with this: <exclude name= "**/rice-portal/css/**" /> <exclude name= "**/rice-portal/images/**" /> <exclude name= "**/rice-portal/jsp/**" /> <exclude name= "**/tags/rice-portal/**" />

            People

            • Assignee:
              Claus Niesen
              Reporter:
              Gayathri Athreya
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              3 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Structure Helper Panel