Ok, that makes sense. We had a similar cleanup script on the KFS side and I had to make the same change there, sorry I didn't think of that earlier. In case this is still helpful info, what I was doing to update the Rice data in KFS was:
1) Loading the Rice Impex Data via Maven into a local Oracle XE schema. I mostly followed the directions on this confluence page: https://wiki.kuali.org/x/vSqREg, except I ran in server/bootstrap rather than master.
2) Then I exported the data via the KFS ant export target
I can certainly provide more details (exact commands, properties, etc.) if you're interested.