Kuali Rice Development
  1. Kuali Rice Development
  2. KULRICE-8414

Doc Search sort by numbers(dollar amounts) are not sorting by dollar amount but rather by text number

    Details

    • Type: Bug Fix Bug Fix
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Critical Critical
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 2.1.2
    • Component/s: Development
    • Security Level: Public (Public: Anyone can view)
    • Labels:
      None
    • Similar issues:
      KULRICE-3415Sorting doc search results by date doesn't work
      KULRICE-338sorting search results gives error
      KULRICE-5512"Sort" UI problems
      KULRICE-9445Sequence column sorts like string instead of number
      KULRICE-8095vendor ID sort is not correct
      KULRICE-12039Sorting lookup results broken
      KULRICE-2201Doc Search Basic Search - Fatal Workflow Error Sort on Various Categories
      KULRICE-10034Sort on auto-sequence column is not numeric
      KULRICE-9783Support ability to explicitly set the sort type (string,number,currency) within a collection
      KULRICE-9884Column sort on some columns doesn't work
    • Rice Module:
      KEW
    • Application Requirement:
      KFS
    • KAI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • KTI Review Status:
      Not Required

      Description

      Any of the doc searches that have numbers are sorting by text instead of by number amounts. See screenshot

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Jonathan Keller added a comment -

          I'm not sure when this regression appeared, but in the old document search model, fields sorted appropriately by their data type.

          Date fields should also be checked to make sure they are not sorting by string value.

          Show
          Jonathan Keller added a comment - I'm not sure when this regression appeared, but in the old document search model, fields sorted appropriately by their data type. Date fields should also be checked to make sure they are not sorting by string value.
          Hide
          Shannon Hess added a comment -

          Jonathan,

          Do you happen to know in which version of Rice this was working correctly? I checked using a 1.0.3 environment, but currency values are not sorting correctly there either.

          Thanks,
          Shannon

          Show
          Shannon Hess added a comment - Jonathan, Do you happen to know in which version of Rice this was working correctly? I checked using a 1.0.3 environment, but currency values are not sorting correctly there either. Thanks, Shannon
          Hide
          Shannon Hess added a comment -

          This has been fixed. It turned out the the wrong Comparator was being used when FieldUtils.constructColumnFromAttributeField() was being called for searchable attribute columns. I tested using both Long and Currency columns, and I verified that the correct Comparator is now being set for Date fields.

          If the KFS team could also verify that the broken sorts are now working that would be great.

          Thanks!
          Shannon

          Show
          Shannon Hess added a comment - This has been fixed. It turned out the the wrong Comparator was being used when FieldUtils.constructColumnFromAttributeField() was being called for searchable attribute columns. I tested using both Long and Currency columns, and I verified that the correct Comparator is now being set for Date fields. If the KFS team could also verify that the broken sorts are now working that would be great. Thanks! Shannon
          Hide
          Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment -

          closing all 2.1.2 Jiras

          Show
          Jessica Coltrin (Inactive) added a comment - closing all 2.1.2 Jiras

            People

            • Assignee:
              Shannon Hess
              Reporter:
              Nicole Rawleigh (Inactive)
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Structure Helper Panel