Kuali Rice Development
  1. Kuali Rice Development
  2. KULRICE-8459

Using returnLocation for the breadcrumbs home causes issues with history parsing

    Details

    • Type: Bug Fix Bug Fix
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 2.3.0-m2, 2.3
    • Component/s: Development
    • Security Level: Public (Public: Anyone can view)
    • Labels:
      None
    • Similar issues:
      KULRICE-10177Copy issue on UrlInfo causes exception with use of Breadcrumbs
      KULRICE-8630Rewrite history and breadcrumbs functionality
      KULRICE-5982History issue with direct page load
      KULRICE-9219Recent Items for History
      KULRICE-7385Breadcrumb not displaying correctly on Lookups
      KULRICE-905balance forward job is failing cause of problem parsing Balance.xml dd file
      KULRICE-10783Home Breadcrumb on KRAD Demo Labs Lookups and Demo Labs Inquiries 404s to portal.do
      KULRICE-8397Breadcrumbs sometimes display with weird structure when the page is using Dialog lightbox
      KULRICE-10095Breadcrumbs no longer render
      KULRICE-5468Rice Dev: KRAD breadcrumbs Home throws error
    • Rice Module:
      KRAD
    • KAI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • KTI Review Status:
      Not Required
    • Include in Release Notes?:
      Yes

      Description

      > Hi Jerry,
      >
      > Yea, the appearance of the issue coincided with KS updating to M4.
      >
      > I believe I have tracked down the issue. The URL (from the app's main
      > naviation menu) for the broken history view contains a 'returnLocation'
      > param, the view that works fine doesn't. If I remove the
      > returnLocation param the problem goes away. I haven't looked to
      > confirm but I'll bet that when the HistoryEntry for the returnLocation
      > is created empty strings are being used to initialize it instead of nulls.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > –
      > Glenn

      >> Hi,
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >> I'm investigating a problem with breadcrumbs and I'm hoping that
      >> someone might be able to help me understand what is going wrong.
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >> The issue seems to be that in some cases the 'history' param in the
      >> URLs associated with breadcrumbs has the literal 'null' in the entry
      >> string (ala
      >> null^$null$null) and in other cases they contain nothing ($^$).
      >> When nothing is used it causes the history param to be mis-parsed in
      >> History.buildHistoryFromParameterString() because the entry delimiter
      >> ($$) has characters in common with the param/var delimiter ($^) ...
      >> so if p2 is empty in "p1^$p2$$n1^$^n2" the first entry is parsed as
      >> "p1^" which in turn results in an IndexOutOfBounds on the array that
      >> holds
      > the vars.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Brian Smith (Inactive) added a comment -

          These params no longer exist due to a rewrite, issue does not exist

          Show
          Brian Smith (Inactive) added a comment - These params no longer exist due to a rewrite, issue does not exist

            People

            • Assignee:
              Unassigned
              Reporter:
              Jerry Neal (Inactive)
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Structure Helper Panel