Affects Version/s: 2.2
Security Level: Public (Public: Anyone can view)
KULRICE-6743 Document the UI Framework - State-based Validation KULRICE-6680 UI Framework - Data Dictionary Validation KULRICE-6678 UI Framework - State-based Validation KULRICE-6738 Document the UI Framework - Tooltip construct KULRICE-6754 Document the UI Framework - Keyboard Support KULRICE-6736 Document the UI Framework code improvements KULRICE-6671 UI Framework - Framework code improvements KULRICE-6737 Document the UI Framework - Error Messaging Architecture KULRICE-6739 Document the UI Framework - Online Help architecture KULRICE-6741 Document the UI Framework - Central Message Repository
KRAD Feature Area:Authorization and Presentation
KAI Review Status:Not Required
KTI Review Status:Not Required
Include in Release Notes?:Yes
Summary of Validation Changes Needed:
Initial Error State
- Change "This form has errors" dialog to growl error message.
- Page should scroll to the top of the page
- Make configurable the behavior that scrolls users to the top of the page when doing any server-side validation
- Rationale: The adding of the collection item, since it writes to the server, can come back with a serverside error.
- For collections that have a server-side error at the time of add-line, don't scroll the page and put focus on first field of the add line with the error.
- Complete HTML Window Title functionality from 2.2
- See "The browser window title (e.g. HTML "Page Title")" on https://wiki.kuali.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=313868814
- Add flag to turn off Page Title summary (e.g. 9 errors)
- Have off by default
- Add flag to turn off page summary text (e.g. This page/section has 9 errors & 18 other messages), or to make text configurable.
- Have on by default
- If the page has only one field with an error, it would be best to simply show the error icon and the error message text (which is a link to field). In this case no page summary text or section-level summary text should be shown within the page-level summary.
- When section-level summaries are turned off, remove the section summary link (i.e. "The "Section 1" section has 7 errors & 14 other messages') and simply display the collection of field messages. The same should be true in the Section-SubSection relationship.
- Sections that have validation messages should be expanded by default.
- Section summary links within the page-level summary should put focus on the first field that has an error in that section. As an alternative, focus can be placed on the link within the section-level summary for the first field with an error.
- Resolve page "jumping" when client-side errors are fixed.
- Keep client-side errors and error summaries, but grey out and strikethrough once resolved.
- After changing all errors in a section, the page-level summary will reduce the error count to zero, but not strike through the link to the section.
Visual Design Changes
- Remove pinstripe background.
- Add flag to turn off validation icons that displays next to field.
- Have validation icons hidden by default.
- Use background color for the summary with actual error text.
- If section-messages are on, use backgrond color on Section Summaries.
- If section-messages are off, then use background color on Page summary.
- Use a 24x24px icon for the page-level summary.
- Adjust size page-level summary to be closer to icon size.
- Revise the summary link labeling. For example:
- Remove brackets around the header message summary. So revise from "[! 7 Warnings]" to "! 7 warnings".
- Revise the text from "The 'Section 2 Title' section has 2 warnings" to "Section 2 Title: 2 warnings"
- Revise the text from "4 warnings before the 'SubSection 3.1 Title' section" to "4 warnings before SubSection 3.1 Title"
- Fix the counting error shown on the Sections/Subsections page: http://env1.rice.kuali.org/kr-krad/uicomponents?viewId=Demo-ValidationLayout&methodToCall=start
- After fixing Field Groups/Tabs validation page, check with William to confirm that behavior is as desired.
- Test accessibility functionality of the validation framework with screen reader.
Notes from previous discussions: https://docs.google.com/a/kuali.org/document/d/1bLdzBM14lbxGGUS4RsHWYT41Ce3OEviLW4XBl3m6IEY/edit