Currently, out of the box configuration is for bundled mode.
Setting up the deployment in a client / server environment requires manually changing/overriding the web.xml file and a handful of spring bean definitions:
- defining client and server datasources (override DataSourceSpringBeans.xml)
- wiring in the above datasources to the riceConfigurure bean (RiceServiceRegistrySpringBeans.xml)
- setting a db alias in _KRADSampleAppSpringBeans.xml) to tell JPA to use the client datasource instead of the rice server datasource
- overriding RiceSpringBeans.xml (to get down a level to be able to override RiceServiceRegistrySpringBeans mentioned above)
- overriding the top level app Spring bean file to use the client versions mentioned above
-web.xml - hand editing of the web.xml file to remove ken , kcb servlet related entries.
Try to resolve these issues to be able to auto-deploy client configurations without manual intervention