[KULRICE-3899] Fix the xapool jar, pom and classpath issues Created: 11/Feb/10  Updated: 21/May/15  Resolved: 11/Feb/10

Status: Closed
Project: Kuali Rice Development
Component/s: Configuration
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: Not version specific

Type: Task Priority: Major
Reporter: Garey Taylor Assignee: Garey Taylor
Resolution: Fixed Votes: 0
Labels: None
Remaining Estimate: Not Specified
Time Spent: Not Specified
Original Estimate: Not Specified


Scott Gibson wrote:
I think xapool 1.5.0-patch3 is a kuali rice build? If so can you guys put a pom in your maven repo so maven stops looking for it every 5 seconds
I found the 1.5.0 version on central and it has an empty pom and different groupId, I'm not sure if we want to match groupId's of things we patch (maybe good to use some kuali group id so it's obvious).

Anyway, here is the link into central


If the kuali version has depends it could be good to put them in whatever pom you create.


In order to fix this for KS (and Rice) all we have to do is add a pom.xml file. This will stop maven from searching each time.
There's a project for this particular issue: https://test.kuali.org/svn/modified_source/xapool-1.5.0/trunk/

I'm going to check out the project and create a pom. Commit it and push it out to the repo.

After discussing with Scott, there's a bigger issue here. Basically how do we deal with
1. jars with no poms,
2. 3rd party poms that we have altered,
3. General dependency management
– We're thinking we should create a kuali archiva.

So probably put this on the kti agenda for next week.

Comment by Garey Taylor [ 11/Feb/10 ]

This has been completed. I updated the project (trunk) and committed the pom. I don't have access to our machines from my house (firewall) so Jeremy was kind enough to transfer the file.

Generated at Tue Sep 22 09:53:36 CDT 2020 using JIRA 7.0.11#70121-sha1:19d24976997c1d95f06f3e327e087be0b71f28d4.