We'll need to provide some good documentation on the client-side dependencies for the various version of workflow 2.3 (embedded, webservices, etc.).
Here's the list so far for embedded mode:
1) JOTM, XAPool, and friends (we'll want to list these out individually in the documentation)
2) Spring and spring-aop
3) Sit cache and eventframework jar
4) javamail and activation.jar
5) Commons Codec
6) Oracle driver if using oracle
7) XML parsing? (can we function off the standard jdk version? probably can)
8) Commons Lang >= 2.2 is also a dependency
9) backport-concurrent util is a dependency
Also, do we need to consider clients that want to run under 1.4? If so then we'll probably need to provide backports (if such things exist) for the java.util.concurrent stuff.